A podiatrist/chiropodist works to improve the mobility, independence and quality of life for their patients by providing preventative care, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of problems affecting the feet, ankles and lower limbs. Most people enjoy their visit to a podiatrist and are surprised that it is not painful or unpleasant.
What treatment does a chiropodist provide?
- Essential foot care for all ages – corns, calluses and verrucae treatment.
- Common foot problems eg. metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis, bunions
- Vascular and neurological assessments and wound management
- (annual diabetic check ups done)
- Treatment of the diabetic and rheumatoid foot
- The use of local anaesthetic and nail surgery.
- Biomechanical assessment, prescription and making of insoles and orthotics (adults and children).
- Referral to a podiatric surgeon if required.
You can seek Sue Walker’s advice and treatment without a doctor’s referral, by contacting the clinic directly for an appointment on 01234 378996. Our clinic is conveniently based in Colmworth, with most clients visiting from Bedford, St Neots, Huntingdon and the surrounding areas.
Meet our Practitioner