Woodfield Physiotherapy Centre is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our patients, employees and associate staff.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you or a third party provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.woodfieldphysio.co.uk and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the data controller is Woodfield Physiotherapy Ltd, 1 Oxford Building, School Lane, Colmworth, Beds MK44 2JZ.
The data processing officer is Mrs Kate Cranwell, Woodfield Physiotherapy Centre, Tel: 01234 378996.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This may arise from corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or in person. This includes information you provide when making an appointment, when you change/update your personal details or insurance details.
- Information we collect about you. This will include information given during consultation with one or more of our practitioners. Accurate information will be recorded on the computer or in the form of written notes and will be updated as necessary. We hold existing records of patients’ details. It is not reasonable or practical to update details of patients who have been discharged.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from medical consultants or general practitioners, insurance companies (referrals), other health professionals or other colleagues within the practice.
What use is made of the information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give us. We will use this information:
- to arrange appropriate appointments with therapists
- to communicate future appointments by e-mail
- to notify you about changes to appointments
- to communicate with you if it is relevant to your treatment at Woodfield Physiotherapy Centre
- with your consent, for research and statistical analysis by insurance companies and PhysioFirst (anonymised data collection)
- to communicate with you about fund-raising events held at Woodfield Physiotherapy Centre
- for legitimate purposes with your consent
- to take credit/debit card details over the phone. Clomid – the miracle pill for treating infertility : restoring faith and starting lives. Once a transaction has gone through, any written information is shredded. No card details are retained.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to provide you with appropriate therapy treatment
- with your consent, to write reports when requested by insurance companies or legal bodies or to medical consultants, GP’s or health professionals
Information we receive from other sources. We will use this information to give you appropriate treatment
Can I find out what information you hold on me?
Patients may have full access to their personal data and treatment records on written request. Copies of notes may be collected and signed for in person at the clinic with provision of suitable ID.
If you think your information is not accurate or is incomplete you can ask us to correct it.
Can I have my data deleted? (Right to be forgotten)
You are entitled to ask for personal data to be deleted. In most cases however, some of a patient’s data and the treatment records have to be retained in case of possible legal issues in the future.
If you believe your data is not being processed for the purposes for which it was collected, you have a right to object and should write to the Data Processing Officer at Woodfield Physiotherapy Centre.
How is data stored?
We have a legal obligation to keep treatment records for a minimum of 8 years. At Woodfield Physiotherapy we keep records indefinitely, with the exception of deceased patients, because of the risk of legal obligations in the future.
Data is stored:
- on the computer where it is encrypted, backed up on an external hard drive each night and backed up in the Cloud
- in locked filing cabinets.
Woodfield Physiotherapy Centre is a secure building with an intruder alarm and fire alarm.
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page